- Memory/Storage Devices
- Storage Products (SSDs / HDDs)
- Internal Storages
- Storage Innovations
- News Release/Topics
- General-Purpose Logic ICs
- Optical Semiconductor Devices
- Radio-Frequency Devices
- ASICs / Structured Arrays
- General-Purpose Linear ICs
- Software IP
- New Products
- Package & Packing Information
Toshiba Launches 7,278rpm 2.5-inch HDD Series with 7mm Height
August 20, 2013
TOKYO—Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO: 6502) today announced that it will expand its family of small form factor 2.5-inch HDDs with a new series that packs up to 500GB of data storage into a unit with a height of just 7mm. The new "MQ01ACF" series will start shipping from August 30.
The "MQ01ACF" series is Toshiba's first 7,278rpm, 2.5-inch product with a 7mm height. The series offers two models: the "MQ01ACF050" with a recording capacity of 500GB and the 320GB "MQ01ACF032". A maximum internal transfer rate of 1,850Mbit/s is realized by improvement to linear recording density and the 7,278rpm rotational speed. Implementation of the 6Gbit/s SATA interface also boosts data transfer rates over those of current models.
The slim "MQ01ACF" series is suitable for laptops and ultra-thin notebooks, especially for high-end PCs offering high speed data processing.
- Note:  One gigabyte (GB) = 1,000,000,000 (109) byte.
Outline of new products
|Model Name||Recording Capacity||Features|
7mm thin design
- Follow this link for more on this product.
- Customer Inquiries
- Storage Products Division