- Memories/Storages Devices
- NAND Flash Memory
- Media Card
- MCP Memory
- EOL Products
- News Release/Topics
- Storage Products (SSDs / HDDs)
- General-Purpose Logic ICs
- Optical Semiconductor Devices
- Radio-Frequency Devices
- ASICs / Structured Arrays
- General-Purpose Linear ICs
- Software IP
- New Products
- Package & Packing Information
Toshiba to Start Sales of CompactFlash® Memory Card for Digital Single Lens Reflex
April 26, 2013World's fastest class of CF memory cards with latest Video Performance Guarantee Profile 2 (VPG-65) for high-end DSLR
TOKYO—Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO: 6502) today announced that its new line of high performance CompactFlash® (CF) memory cards1, the EXCERIA PRO™ series2, will go on sale from April 27th in the Japanese market. Sales will also follow in Asia, Europe and North America. The initial line-up of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB cards offers the world's highest level read and write speeds3 and complies with the new Video Performance Guarantee Profile 2 (VPG-65) standard.
The EXCERIA PRO™ CF cards integrate Toshiba's high performance NAND flash memory and specially developed dedicated firmware. They achieve a read speed of 160MB/s and write speed of 150MB/s4, the highest level yet reported.
The new cards are compliant with the CompactFlash Association (CFA) standard CompactFlash® Specification Revision 6.1 and compatible with the UDMA7 high speed interface, ensuring they can support high performance DSLRs to the full. The cards are also compatible with the latest "Video Performance Guarantee Profile 2" standard, VPG-65. VPG-65 secures Full HD video capture streams at a minimum write speed of 65MB/s for compatible host devices and recording media. VPG-65 enables 4K resolution (a digital movie file format with horizontal resolution of approx. 4,000 pixels and vertical resolution of approx. 2,000 pixels) movie shooting and high quality Full HD video capture at high frame rates with no dropped frames.
The market for DSLR is expected to grow by some 50% from 2012 to 2015 and demand for CF cards will grow with it. Toshiba will be developing high performance memory cards to meet those needs of the market.
|Standard||Card||CF+™ and CompactFlash® Specification Revision 6.1|
|VPG||Video Performance Guarantee Profile 2（VPG-65）|
|Max read speed4||160MB/s|
|Max write speed4||150MB/s||95MB/s|
|Interface||UDMA 7（Ultra DMA Mode 7 theoretical：167MB/s）|
|Power Supply Voltage||3.3/5.0V|
|External Dimensions||36.4mm (L) × 42.8mm (W) × 3.3mm (T)|
|Approx. Weight||Approx. 10g.|
- 1: CompactFlash® card is a memory card standardized by the CompactFlash Association. The VPG logo and CF+ are trademarks of the CompactFlash Association. CompactFlash® is a registered trademark of the CompactFlash Association.
- 2: EXCERIA PRO™ is a trademark of Toshiba Corporation.
- 3: As of April 26, 2013. Toshiba data.
- 4: 16GB cards will have 95MB/s maximum write speed. Read/Write speed was internally tested based on UDMA mode 7 16bit(LBA48). Read and write speed may vary, depending on user specifications such as devices used and file size read or written. (Transfer speed of 1MB/s calculated as 1,000,000 bytes/s)
- Customer Inquiries
- Memory New Business Development Department