Intelligent Power Device (IPD): TPD4144K, TPD4144AK [ratings: 500V/2A]
The TPD4144K and TPD4144AK are DC brushless motor drive ICs (ratings: 500V/2A) mounted on the DIP26 package. These products have reduced power loss by up to 20% compared with conventional products, achieving high efficiency for systems. When used with a controller IC or microcomputer, these products can drive DC brushless motors. Board layout can be easily performed because this device uses a DIP package in which high-voltage, high-current pins and control pins are isolated and placed at the opposite ends of the package and ample distance between high-voltage pins is maintained.
- Power loss has been reduced by up to 20% from conventional products.
- Easy board layout due to high-voltage, high-current pins and control pins being isolated and placed at opposite ends of the package (DIP26).
- bootstrap circuit (built-in diodes) help reduce part count. So no high-side driver power supply is required.
- Supports 5V drive microcomputers.
- Incorporates three-phase IGBT bridge and fast-recovery diodes.
- Best suited for sine wave driving due to a minimum selectable dead time of 1.4μs.
- Protection features as follows:
TPD4144K: Over-current protection, thermal shutdown, under-voltage protection
TPD4144AK: Thermal shutdown, under-voltage protection
(Please use the TPD4144AK if the controller IC or microcomputer that is used for your set has a built-in over-current protection circuit.)
- Power loss characteristics (Reference data)
- Fan motors for air conditioners, dryer fans of washing and drying machines, pumps, etc.
- Available for evaluation of motor by connecting DC brushless motor and power supply to the board.
If you have any queries, click one of these links: