General-Purpose Linear ICs
Single Chip Voltage Step Down DC-DC Converter IC: TCV7116FN, TCV7117F
The TCV7116FN / TCV7117F is a single chip DC-DC converter IC which can generate a low voltage, such as 1.2V, from a power line such as 5V or 3.3V. Thanks to the inclusion of a high-speed, low ON-resistance power MOSFET as well as voltage control of the MODE pin, the TCV7116FN / TCV7117F can switch between continuous PWM mode and pulse-skip mode, achieving high efficiency across a wide output current range.
- Switching between continuous PWM mode and pulse-skip mode enables high efficiency in a wide output current range.
- Operating input voltage: VIN = 2.7V to 5.6V, variable output voltage: VFB = 0.8V ±1% (at Tj = 0 to 85°C)
- High efficiency: η = 95% (typ.) where VIN = 5V, VOUT = 3.3V, and IOUT = 0.7A (MODE = H, continuous PWM mode)
- Low ON-resistance: RDS(ON) = 0.18Ω/0.12Ω (typ.) at high-side/low-side, where VIN = 5V and Tj = 25°C
- Oscillatory frequency: fOSC = 550kHz (typ.)
- Due to the employment of the internal phase compensation method, the TCV7116FN / TCV7117F can make possible a high-efficiency power supply while only requiring a small number of external components.
- Other functions: Soft start (fixed), overcurrent protection, thermal shutdown, and low-voltage protection.
- Efficiency Characteristics
- LCD TVs, DVD/Blu-ray recorders, set-top boxes, OA equipment, entertainment devices, industrial devices, etc.
Outline Drawing / Pin connection / Block Diagram
- Pin connection
Pin No. Symbol Description 1 PGND Ground pin for the output section 2 VIN1 Input pin for the output section 3 VIN2 Input pin for the control section 4 SGND Ground pin for the control section 5 VFB Feedback pin 6 MODE Pin for switching mode 7 EN Enable pin 8 LX Switching pin
- Block diagram
- A typical application example in which a low-ESR electrolytic capacitor or ceramic capacitor is used for COUT
|2.5||2.7 to 5.6||Variable
If you have any queries, click one of these links: