- TV/AV Equipment ICs
- OFDM Demodulation and Error Correction ICs for Digital TV Receivers
- Demodulation and Error Correction IC for DTMB
- Audio ICs
- Communications Equipment ICs
- Interface Bridges (Mobile Peripheral Devices)
- Close Proximity Wireless Transfer Technology TransferJet™-compliant IC
- RF ICs for Specified and Extremely Low-Power Radio Applications
- Automotive ICs
- Mixed-Signal Controllers
- Recommended Products by Application
- Important Notices
- News Release/Topics
OFDM Demodulation and Error Correction ICs for Digital TV Receivers
Toshiba leads the market for ISDB-T (digital terrestrial broadcast) and ISDB-S (digital satellite broadcast) demodulation ICs designed for digital TV (DTV), set-top box (STB), cellular phone, PC, automotive TV and other applications.
Toshiba’s demodulation ICs for ISDB-T applications can be used for products targeting not only the Japanese market but also the Philippines that has selected the ISDB-T standard, as well as South American countries such as Brazil, Argentina and Peru. Ever since ISDB-T and ISDB-S were in the research phase, Toshiba has been developing OFDM demodulation ICs and has shipped over 155 million for digital home, automotive and mobile applications so far (as of March 2011).
The TC90527, which is available in production quantities, is compliant with the ISDB-T, ISDB-TSB and ISDB-Tmm standards and supports Emergency Warning and Early Earthquake Warning broadcasts. To meet the bandwidth requirements of foreign countries, the TC90527 is designed to conform to multiple ISDB-T channel bandwidths (6, 7 and 8 MHz).
|Part Number||Feature / Function||TV Standard||Output Format||Applications|
|TC90527||Single ISDB-T||ISDB-T||MPEG-2 TS||Digital Home Appliances|
|TC90517||Single ISDB-T||ISDB-T||MPEG-2 TS||Digital Home Appliances|
|TC90507||Single ISDB-T||ISDB-T||MPEG-2 TS||Digital Home Appliances|
|TC90532||Dual Demodulator AC Support||ISDB-T
|MPEG-2 TS||Digital Home Appliances|
|TC90522||Quad Demodulator||ISDB-T ISDB-S||MPEG-2 TS||Digital Home Appliances|
|TC90512||Dual Demodulator||ISDB-T ISDB-S||MPEG-2 TS||Digital Home Appliances|
|TC90514||4-Branch Diversity + 1Segment||ISDB-T||MPEG-2 TS||Automotive Equipments
|TC90504||4-Branch Diversity||ISDB-T||MPEG-2 TS||Automotive Equipments|
|TC90541||Built-in 1Segment Tuner||ISDB-T||MPEG-2 TS||Mobile devices
|TC90521||1Segment||ISDB-T||MPEG-2 TS||Mobile devices|
- *: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing: One of the digital modulation schemes used for wireless communication. OFDM consists of a number of modulated carriers that are closely spaced. Although the sidebands from each carrier overlap, they can still be received without interference. Therefore, OFDM is a popular scheme for wideband communication using a narrow frequency range efficiently.
If you have any queries, click one of these links: