- TV/AV Equipment ICs
- OFDM Demodulation and Error Correction ICs for Digital TV Receivers
- Demodulation and Error Correction IC for DTMB
- Audio ICs
- Communications Equipment ICs
- Interface Bridges (Mobile Peripheral Devices)
- Close Proximity Wireless Transfer Technology TransferJet™-compliant IC
- RF ICs for Specified and Extremely Low-Power Radio Applications
- Automotive ICs
- Mixed-Signal Controllers
- Recommended Products by Application
- Important Notices
- News Release/Topics
Toshiba's TV IC malfunctions under certain conditions
> 18 Jun, 2007
We'd like to inform you that our sync detection ICs listed below were found to experience some errors in detection results and unstableness in the VD pulse outputs under certain conditions. Please consider the following instructions when designing a new chassis.
- Product type numbers affected
- TB1305FG, TB1305AFG
Sync recognition, sync separation, component video SW (2-in / 1-out)
Sync recognition, sync separation, component video SW (3-in / 1-out)
- TB1305FG, TB1305AFG
These ICs determine the input format by counting sync pulses in a period.
When the ICs are configured to operate according to the description in "Manual sync processing mode (A-SYNC = OFF)" on page 13 of the datasheet, that is, in A-SYNC=OFF and HV FREQ=625p mode, the ICs may provide incorrect I2C-bus read data for “V-FORMAT” and “V-FREQ-DET” and generate unstable VD-OUT pulses for the 525i and 625i inputs.
Therefore, your system may malfunction, depending on your usage of the IC.>/>>/>>/>>/>
- Toshiba's requests
The A-SYNC=ON setting is required to avoid the above errors, if 525i and 625i signals are also distinguished by the ICs.
However, we have recommended that 525i and 625i signals be detected and synchronized with another device such as a color decoder instead of one of these ICs, because they include non-standard signals. So, we believe that no system being manufactured will cause any errors related to this problem.
When you design a new chassis using one of these ICs, please consider a workaround to avoid an error.
* We will also put the same instructions on each IC datasheet.>/>>/>>/>>/>
We'd appreciate your understanding.
If you have any queries, click one of these links: